Wednesday 28 July 2010

St Germain


Images - Elle Decor via Everything Fabulous

Actually a misleading post title given that the apartment featured here is actually near San Francisco (one of my favourite places in the world). But it reminded me so much of St Germain (one of my favourite bistros in the world, though now closed - sob) that I had to reference it. St Germain was New York fused with Paris and brought to life in a lofty ex-warehouse in the heart of London. The most chic and elegant bar, it mixed white-washed revealed brick walls with the most classic black and white striped wallpaper (finally - the connection!). Think classic Grey Goose martinis on a Friday night and elegant continental breakfasts on the weekend. I'd always thought that black and white was too stark for interiors but I've been persuaded that this look is the epitome of cool and adds a bit of a masculine edge to all my lovely whites. CXX

No comments:

Post a Comment